Friday, August 29, 2008

total incommunicado

On Monday my sweet husband brought me home a treadmill! I am hoping this will be my method of keeping up the running through the winter. Yes, winter comes early in the pacific northwest. In doing so he took out our telephone line. He snapped it like Indiana Jones and his whip right across our front lawn with a giant Penske moving truck. The phone company said that they could get it repaired by Thursday at 5:30 p.m. It is Friday morning and no sign of the phone company. As many of you might know we are the last of a dieing breed. Practically extinct. Job and I every day hear the lovely tone of dial-up Internet. Many of you older readers may remember that electronic screeching sound that came with dial-up, but never would I have thought I would have missed that hideous noise. Then last night, after an amazing experience in Bellevue with a group of incredible women, I left my cell phone in Job's car. So, if anyone wants to contact me, TOO BAD! And, hopefully, when I get the call back about the job interview I have this afternoon, she'll leave a message!

No comments: