Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Picture Day!

I remember once my mom making me wear the worst outfit ever for picture day. It was a striped turtle neck and brown pants. I'm not talking cute rainbow colors either. It was earthy: rust, mustard, olive, purple. All the way up to my neck in thin little stripes. Millions of them. She pulled my hair back in barrettes on either side but I thought it would be cooler to take just one side down and let it hang in front of my eye. Did I think she wouldn't find out? The pictures came home and I made up a story about one of the barrettes falling out in P.E. or recess, or something. I'll have to ask her if she bought the lie?
Well guess what? Tomorrow is picture day. The boys have their outfits picked out (they like them) and ready to go but what about me? I get my picture taken for the first time as faculty and I have nothing to wear! I started working at the boys elementary school a mile from my house. Though today I hit a little snag regarding office politics, politics in general and a situation with Job (I'm not even sure how I got involved; guilt by association I guess) the job makes me giddy! The kids are great. The teachers are great. My co-workers are a lot of fun to work with. I get to have a lunch date with my 6 year old anytime I want! What could be better? New clothes for picture day I guess. We'll see if I'm any cuter 25 years later. Chances are: no way! Even without the crazy stripes and colors.

No comments: