Monday, July 5, 2010

Hole-y Water Batman!

It hasn't been the best of times here at the homestead. It has been a rough go and oh- I am thankful for distractions. Tonight we had another. Job and I and the fam are finally going on a vacation. We saved for a while and this spring had the funds to book the airline tickets and rent the car. On Wednesday we land in balmy Oklahoma City, Oklahoma! So tonight, in anticipation of the vacation, I began working on the pre-trip to-do list. I decided to tackle "wash the dog" (she's staying at her boyfriend's house and wants to be sparkly) while Rob charged and loaded the i-pods. I got the bum deal in that by the way. Anyway, I went up to the bathroom off Mason's room and plopped Georgie into the tub. While I bathed Georgie all the water was draining down three flights of wall leaving lovely holes in it wake. We tore out the drywall and luckily this cracked pipe decided to give while we were home and not while we were enjoying 88 degrees with a good chance of thunder showers. And Job thinks I am a pessimist!

No comments: