Friday, November 14, 2008

Does Anyone Out There Know How to Graph a Parabola?

I have eaten everything I can get my hands on: ice cream, sour dough bread, mashed potatoes, leftover Halloween candy, a box of gobstoppers left over form Madagascar 2...And none of it has helped me calm my anxiety, ease my ulcer or teach me how to graph a parabola. I do however know all the components and utilizations of y=mx+b, could tell you the probability of of drawing two diamonds in a row out of a deck of cards and could remind you to not dangle participles. Yes, the day has come. Tomorrow I take the single most important (and longest) test of my life since my SAT: the WEST-B entrance exam into the teaching program at UW. I'd love to say go Dawgs but I should probably wait for my test results...Now that I think of it what 1st grade teacher needs to graph a parabola anyway?

4 comments:

TestPrep said...

I'd like to offer you complimentary access to our online program "Washington Educator Skills Test—Basic."

Our online program (over 1,250 web pages of instruction) covers all competencies including the updated 2008-2009 test specifications. The program's twelve (12), full-length practice tests in Reading, Writing, Mathematics (4 each) are modeled on the practice test from the Official WEST-B Web Site (west.nesinc.com). You can even write a sample essay and receive a reply with appropriate feedback.

Follow the simple steps below to begin using the program:

1. Locate the following URL with your Web browser:

http://www.longsdalepub.com/west-b-test.html

2. Click on the "Sign In" link at the top of the page and select WEST-B.

3. Click on the "Register" link and enter the following information.
School Number: 50004
School Key: 4e9ssp1Nj2w3

That's it. You are free to use the program; there is no obligation on your part. If you find our instruction and practice tests helpful, you can send a testimonial to service@longsdalepub.com but you don't have to.

If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them.

Sincerely,
Craig Hansel
Longsdale Publishing

Spinsterchic said...

I'm sure you'll do fine my dear. I love that teachers, most of whom greatly object to standardized testing, are subjected to many themselves. I took the Praxis and I swear, trained monkey could ace the thing. Then they sent me a big certificate cause I did well. Like I'm going to hang it on my wall or something? Anywho I think they just want to make sure you're not an idiot, after all, we've all had teachers we wondered about right? And you're no idiot.

Spinsterchic said...

PS Good belated luck! I'm such a dope.

Clarissa said...

Hello there stranger. This is Clarissa Gifford...from long ago. I was browsing Allison's blog and came across yours!! Great to read about what you and your family have been up to. Here is my blog address, if you are interested.
www.gifford6.blogspot.com