Tuesday, May 12, 2009

why can't my underwear be cuter- and smaller?

Last summer I glued my pants and underwear to my butt. This was worse. Somehow yesterday, toward the end of the day, I was walking down the hall at school and a teacher (whom I adore) walking in the other direction pointed out that I had something trailing behind me that dropped to the floor in a wad. I turned around to look and low and behold it was a pair of my underwear in a pile in the middle of the hallway, smack dab in the middle of the elementary school where I work. Why couldn't it have been a sock or a fabric softener. No. It was a giant pair of my underwear that had somehow managed to hang out in the pant leg of my jeans all day until making a very embarrassing appearance. So I swooped them off the ground crushing them into a ball, holding them tightly in my fist and went back to my classroom. Of course I didn't have my school bag yesterday and got to carry them home in my lunchbox. Thank goodness they were clean. What I can't figure out is how the heck while wearing my tightest pair of jeans a giant wad of underwear went unnoticed in my pant leg all day? How many people now assume I have a giant tumor on the back of my thigh? Could the day have been any worse?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snorting yogurt through your nose is really painful but thanks for the great laugh!
Christi

The Baker's said...

Oh my god that is so cute! Thank you so much for brightening my day!!!

Anonymous said...

That is the funniest story!

Beth

fawndear said...

So glad I'm not the only one who has moments like these. Look at it this way - This is the closest you'll be coming to the reality of being caught in your underwear at school dream. In high school, an entire section of bleachers (at a basketball game) saw my underwear when my mascot costume ripped in two. Thanks for dregging up that lovely memory.

Ali said...

I'm laughing hysterically right now! I needed this!!
By they way...you look fabulous in your new belt.

Ali said...

By the way I want to hear the story of you glueing your pants and underwear to your rear!