Monday, May 4, 2009

the "belt"way that is my middle

When I was five my dad brought me back a leather belt stamped and painted with leather working tools from Alaska. In the 80's I had a four inch white belt with a round silver buckle the size of a dinner plate that I wore slung around my hips, on the outside of my oversized button shirt (collar up of course). Well, this weekend I realized that I either needed to break down and buy a belt, or a new denim skirt, and believe it or not I opted for the belt. It doesn't hurt that I found one on clearance at the Lands End Super Store for $2.99. Up until a few years ago a belt would have been a ridiculous purchase. No woman wearing a size 28 jean needs a belt. It would simply disappear somewhere into the abyss that was my midsection causing serious chaffing I'm sure (kind of like the "spa-panty" now that I think of it). Anyway, I did it, I wore a belt, and my oldest son said it didn't match, but it did hold up my skirt and that is all that matters!

No comments: