Friday, September 7, 2012

Not Everything on Pinterest is a Good Idea


I had an employer question my blog.  She said that since Mormons believe in eternal marriage that my blog did not portray my beliefs and my spouse in a very positive light.  So I stopped.  I stopped blogging.  I wasn’t the best at blogging but who was she to cause me to stop anything. So I am back; with a twist.

Quick Update: I graduated with my master’s degree.  I made it through all the craziness.  I didn’t make it through perfectly but I have the piece of paper and the teaching certificate to prove it.  I also gained thirty-five pounds, stopped running and swimming, cried a lot, let my nerves get the best of me, had days I didn’t get out of bed, had sick kids, subbed a lot, saw a lot of movies (every Tuesday, by myself), played backgammon on-line, applied for jobs, didn’t get jobs and joined pinterest. 

I was making the homemade junior mints (found on pinterest) (http://shewearsmanyhats.com/2011/12/chocolate-peppermints/) with my nine year old one night and they weren’t quite working out as we had hoped.  He looks at me and says, “Not everything on pinterest is a good idea.” I wish I had started the blog when the glow in the dark bubbles (http://blog.kriegsman.org/2012/03/14/glowing-bubbles-yes-but-no/) didn’t work or the Dr. Pepper cupcakes (http://lucyjanesbest.wordpress.com/2012/04/12/dr-pepper-cupcakes/) that took all afternoon to make were a huge let down. I fed them to the chickens.  The Auntie Anne’s pretzels (http://foodgawker.com/post/2012/05/17/165369/) were to die for and the same nine year old made them every day for a week.

Last night I watched Julie and Julia.  Julie “found herself” as she blogged her way through an entire Julia Childs cookbook in 365 days.  My children started school this week and while I subbed the first day of school I am struggling to fill my day. I decided I would blog 180 days of pinterest by the end of the school year. I am going to pick, make and contemplate 180 things off of the fabulous website and blog them. I know, I know…I have missed the first four days of school. Over the holidays I will have to play catch up.  That’s when it should be the easiest, right?

I will begin tomorrow, still married to Jōb, still a mom and a wife and a teacher hoping to fill my day as I enter this new school year. Bring it on 2012-13! Bring it on!

 

4 comments:

julie said...

I'm glad you're back.

Kelly said...

Hi! Welcome back! I'm not a good blogger. The last time I did was sometime last December or something. I thought I'd been missing your blogs and then I realized that I hadn't been looking at igoogle, which is where all the blogs I follow are updated. I wish you luck in your 180 endeavors!

Regina aka Wife Of Job said...

thanks guys- I have a feeling that in June I will be cramming in a ton of projects!

Ali said...

Welcome back! I opened your page a week ago and finally am reading your post, hopefully I'll be better at catching up on blogs soon than I have been since summer began.
I am very excited to see your 180 pinterest posts. I love trying and reviewing things as well. I even have pinterest boards of successful recipes, tried recipes, and pinterest failures (not food related, don't try the tea bag tan!)