Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Yearly Letter to Santa

Hey there Big Guy,
So as usual I'm cutting this a little close to the wire. Tomorrow is Christmas eve already. Thanks for granting some of last years wishes. December first wasn't as bad for me. We'll see how tomorrow goes. The Holidays are still spattered with bouts of sadness for Job and I. Could you help the boys to not catch on to that. I want them to remember Christmas like I remember it. It is a time full of anticipation (so much that you think you might explode if you have to wait any longer). It is a time when it is so easy to feel the spirit, if you let it. I'd like them to remember that. I'd also like it to be a time of growth this year (and I don't mean from all the chocolates and cookies). Could you grant us all a little time for introspection and self improvement? I look at all the amazing people around me and I am grateful for their example. I am grateful for their patience and understanding. I am grateful for the impact others have on my and my family's lives.
We have had a great year. A little less stress than the year before. Could you keep that trend going? We've had a few more laughs than the year before, made a few more friends than the year before, and the amount of love, well that is greater than the year before as well. The boys are larger than the year before. That I could do without. Could you stunt that a little? It's getting hard to snuggle.
So, could I ask for just one last thing? As you know I've seen a lot of people come and go while fumbling around on this earth. I've heard people around me say that they want to live a life free of regret. I'm certain that I will not be so fortunate as to live this life in such a way. There will be people I offend. There are mistakes I will make. I might even make someone sad; perhaps they will cry over something I say or do. But, without sounding morbid, and I have no intention of leaving any time soon, could you help me to live my life so that in my next life, when I meet those on the other side, who have gone before me and are cheering me on in my tougher moments, could you help me to not have regrets in that life. That is the moment where I want people to be pleased with the life I've lead. Not so much now.
I suppose that that is all. Have a safe trip tomorrow, the boys have cookies and milk for you, carrots for the reindeer and even a gallon of water for you to take in case someone doesn't put out their fire.
With Love,
Regina (and boys)
P.S. I could use some new boots and glue dots too but, the other stuff is more important.

1 comment:

jen said...

I love your Christmas letters. So beautiful!