Friday, April 24, 2009

I do not defy gravity

I am at work listening to the Wicked soundtrack in between classes, laughing to myself about the fun afternoon with my mother-in-law and sisters-in-law. We went to Portland to see the musical (Job stayed home with kids and cousins) and since we got there early we thought we should buy souvenirs first; or rather attempted to. I had never heard or seen the story and was hesitant to buy stuff in case I didn't like it. By intermission I had to have a T-shirt so out we went to the lobby, again. I couldn't decide which one to buy. The one that was pink and said, "POPULAR" didn't seem to be my style; too cutsie. The other one said '"GREEN IS THE NEW BLACK" was too environmentally friendly for my taste. Then the cashier said, "what about this one?" Across the chest of the T-shirt it said, "DEFY GRAVITY." I explained to the barely 20-something boy that after two children and a lifetime of bad, ill-fitting bras (Oprah says we are all wearing the wrong size), unless the shirt came with a boob job I could not wear anything across the girls that said, "DEFY GRAVITY." It would just be wrong. I bought the green one that says, "WICKED" and went back to my seat and thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the show!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hmm. I think I'd have to go for the Wicked choice as well. Defy Gravity huh. I wish!!!

julie said...

Heh. You're funny. ;)

And look at that picture of your boys on your sidebar... They're so grown up! I can't believe it.