Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I'm a "them"

Ever find yourself in a situation that's divided "us and them?" Usually I don't mind except this time I was a "them." I haven't been a "them" in a really long time. But in this situation I was for sure not part of the "us" crowd. It was like high school all over again sitting on the outside watching the popular kids from a distance wishing they would notice you and include you. All of a sudden I was transported back to the days of fat jokes and bad hair (and I have great hair!) except this time I couldn't play sick, skip class or hide in the school bathroom. What did I do you may ask? Did I build up the nerve to say anything? Create my own fun? No, I didn't rise to the challenge, I sulked like a two year old. In a time when life seems a little overwhelming I let it be the proverbial straw. This camel just did what she does best, internalize with a side of passive aggressive. Sorry everyone...

2 comments:

Ali said...

I'm dying to know what it was! Although I feel your pain, I think we all have those moments and kick ourselves afterwards for not rising up for it.

GO Gray's said...

Regina that sucks. You be strong and tell the "us" crowd to stick it!!