Tuesday, September 15, 2009

“10” for leg extension and a “2” for damage to the front end of Job’s car

Yesterday I managed to run in the morning then decided to go walk with friends after the boys were in bed, despite the fact that I thought my head would either explode from throbbing or shrink six sizes due to lack of fluids.

Anyway, on the way home in front of the house next door, I began slowing down to turn into our driveway when out of the darkness came a deer.  A big deer.  His legs easily cleared the hood of Rob’s car and when I took them out with the Chevrolet symbol on the grill he managed to do the most graceful spinning summersault over the top of the car I had ever seen.  His timing was impeccable and his movement seemed spotlighted as he turned and twisted in slow motion up into the night air. He did not however land in the predicted pike position so I suppose I should deduct points for that.

I drove the remaining 200 feet or so into my driveway, voice dialed Job in the bedroom, as I sat stunned in the newly mangled car.  He was wondering what the noise was.  Job was out in seconds and had the entire situation dealt with, the body shop and claim number ready, in less than half an hour.  I think he really wanted to watch the Jay Leno Show. i however was asleep before headlines.

No comments: