Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Update on Job's Chevy

A week after Job got his Chevy he drove under a chain that was partitioning off a church parking lot. He actually drove through two chains. Only one went under the car and one went over the car, until it snapped in two flinging around and hitting both doors of the car. It was like a bad version of double dutch. I gave Job such a hard time. I was merciless in the taunting and teasing and underneath it all I was a little angry. He had in fact done $3200 in damage to his brand new car!
So, here it is my turn. Granted the car is a little older and he even lets the kids and I eat in it now, but I can't help think of what a better person he is than me. After taking the car to the body shop it turns out that there are a few more dents than we first thought. The bumper was a given and the broken Chevrolet symbol and crunched hood were quite obvious. What we didn't see were the dents on not only the bumper, grill, hood, but also the roof and trunk. Turns out the deer kind of used the little Aveo more as a vault and spent less time in the air and more time springing off the car than I originally thought. And Job doesn't seem angry at all. He keeps saying he's glad I'm okay and hugs me a little tighter. Do you think that might be his way of rubbing it in? My damages were nearly $1800 more than his, and he has to drive the "mommy car" until his gets fixed! What a trooper. He says wrecked cars are better than dead camels any day. I just wish he would stop calling me "deer."

1 comment:

fawndear said...

I think we should mail a protest letter to Murphy. His law stinks!
Really glad your deer encounter wasn't any more damaging and that you're okay.