Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Big Fat Typo

A long time ago I worked with young women at our church.  Since it was such a long time ago many of them are married and have families of their own.  Today on Facebook I noticed that one of these young women stated that her precious little one turned one year old today.  She and her family don’t live too far away and so I thought (since I have yet to meet the child) that it would be fun to invite them out to the house.  I had visions of a sweet little toddler running through the back field chasing the livestock.  In the comment section I wanted to say, “Is he walking yet? You should bring him out to chase the chickens and ducks.”  Unfortunately as most of you know the u on the keyboard is right next to the i on the keyboard so what was supposed to read “ducks” actually read something entirely different.  My friends response was polite and luckily prompt. I am sure she knew exactly what I meant.  Chickens and ducks just seem to go together.  Chickens and di#%$ just do not.  I caught her response quickly on my blackberry and when I looked at the Facebook thread I about died when I saw what I had said.  I deleted the comment as quickly as I could, mortified that for even as short a time as five minutes I had such a horrific typo on such a public forum.  I heard that Obama made a speech to school aged children where he admonishes them to be careful about the things they post on Facebook.  Maybe he should of made a speech to well meaning stay at home moms with nothing better to do than comment all over FB.

1 comment:

julie said...

Haha!! I hadn't even noticed! I was a little bit confused by your comment on spelling ducks...

It all makes sense now. Too funny.