Tuesday, September 22, 2009

e-bay seller e_middleman SUCKS!

I got duped.  On Saturday I start my masters program at City University.  In preparation for two years of coursework, student teaching and a dissertation, I bought a new Laptop.  It is larger than our old one and I needed to get a new sleeve to keep its shiny red exterior in good condition!  I found a great deal on e-bay.  Almost too good to be true and it said “free shipping in the U.S.” on top of everything.  Even before I won the bid I had seen what I had done.  I didn’t look in all the shipping areas and while it said free at the bottom of the description when you clicked further into the site it charges $14.99.  The cover, I am guessing weighs less than 8 oz.  I knew immediately I’d been scammed.  I emailed e-middleman, who I am now guessing stole an entire box of these off the back of a truck somewhere, to clarify his “error.”  His e-mail back was rude!  He told me I got a $50 dollar item for $16 and should basically suck it up.  He  is right.  I just hate the fact that I did business with someone so unethical.  I would have rather gone to the dell site and paid $35 +s/h for the cute polka dot one than have spent one dime on any item he had to sell!  As soon as I get confirmation of shipping I am giving him bad feedback and reporting him to e-bay.  e_middleman sucks!

No comments: