Thursday, July 31, 2008

Back From Camp!

Okay, its official. I love women. Not in a "don't ask don't tell" kind of way, but in a strong sense of sisterhood type way! I am back from a week of girls camp (girls age 12-16) and while I love those girls my favorite moments were spent around the camp fire with the other leaders talking, laughing and yes stealing cake into the wee hours of the morning. I will share some of the highlights: dropping the beanie I had to wear every night to prevent hypothermia into the toilet at 2:30 in the morning and laughing with the camp nurse so hard the neighboring camp leaders came and got mad at us, offering a bishop stolen cake at 1a.m. and finding out it was his cake I stole in the early morning kitchen raid (then lieing about my identity), having my hair braided and nails painted in the camp "lounge" by the girls and lastly having my high councilor return my pants to my husband at church after his wife accidentally took them home! It was a great week of silliness and laughter. I am glad Job and his sister were able to hold down the fort and allow me the opportunity!

No comments: