Thursday, July 3, 2008

Seriously up all night

So if anyone looks at this blog closely they may think, "WOW! she did a post at 6:15 a.m. She is funny and an early riser." Think again. I have seriously been up all night. That doesn't mean I woke up several times through the night, or that I was woken intermittantly by small children (my kids have slept through the night since about eight weeks). The last time I got up for a late night feeding other than my own was about six years ago. Here is my problem...I got home from a group meeting (where I discovered I should be getting half my weight in protein every day. Someone just give me a cow to gnaw on) and realized that while playing tennis with my eldest I had gotten a pretty serious sunburn, mostly on my arms. So, this is better than the sunburn I got last week picking strawberries where no one felt the need to tell me I was showing a little crack bending over to pick the little red buggers. Yup, I burnt a half moon on my lower back right down to the crack almost. This made sitting , laying, and moving a little uncomfortable. So, not wanting repeat the discomfort of last week I decided to take some ibuprofen before hopping into bed. I'm not sure if it was just heart burn or acid reflux or something but I woke up coughing and my throat felt like I had swallowed pool chemicals. Tums made me gag. Crackers, no help. Milk while a good source of protein, no help either...So I sat in bed and watched a plethora of late night to early morning television shows (Glenn Beck at 2a.m. was my fave) hoping that I would fall into a slumber despite the lightning storm that seemed to be directly above my house. If I didn't know better I might have thought God was trying to tell me something. Its either a lesson to cut out the sun worship, or increase my modesty while picking fruit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Regina! didn't we just say that we needed EXTRA sleep. Well I guess you didn't have a problem with the 2 hours before bedtime challenge. the truth is I could hardly sleep last night either. Full Moon? Who knows. Take a nap and go pick up some sunblock :)Tanya

Anonymous said...

Burnt crack... you may have a drug problem lil lady.

Sam

Anonymous said...

As I sit here at work waiting for one more wave of family to arrive, I read through my wife's blog. I marvel at how she has changed and improved throughout our years of marriage, and then I read that she just posted on the internet that she has a sunburned butt crack.
I am reminded of my studies in psychology and all I can think is RELAPSE!
Job