Monday, July 14, 2008

The Last of the Good Ones

Just before I created my blog I woke up one morning and my face was swollen, my gums were puffy, my eye was droopy, and the whole right side of my face was numb. I knew the culprit and I knew what I had to do. I had to call the dentist. I had a root canal done years before but never capped while Job was in law school back east. Inevitably the tooth cracked, then abscessed,then lead to the afore mentioned fun morning. Amazingly, I found a dentist who was close by and didn't make me feel like a complete moron for never taking care of the situation years ago. She did the oral surgery, I was out of commission for a full day, and found out that I had more dental work than I thought that needed to be done. I also decided that dentist and their assistants should speak in code. I never want to hear the phrase, "I'll need that blade after all, " or "lets go with a larger needle," again. So, now to how this relates to my present predicament. Just last night I was drinking a rather large glass a water, feeling overly dehydrated (common condition for me), and Job managed to jam the glass into my lip and tooth cracking one of my front teeth and giving me a bloody lip. Job felt so bad. My crying and shaking probably didn't help. I tried to remind myself that it was an accident and that I wasn't in any pain but I didn't feel much better. All I could think of was, "why couldn't he have hit a tooth that already needed work!" Eventually I fell asleep, hysteria is exhausting. I woke up early this morning to complete my own personal 5k, no records broken, no famous athletes on my ipod, but I did come home with a better outlook. What's one more tooth to have worked on in the scheme of things. Right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AM SO SORRY!
JOB

Laura said...

So that makes me cringe, I hate getting my teeth worked on..HATE it. I'd rather..well..

You are running? What gives? Running stinks!

Anonymous said...

That sounds horrible!! I can relate to how you feel...I have seen more of the oral surgeon than anyone should. And I still have tons more work that needs to be done.

-Kelly