Thursday, October 25, 2012

Project #14: One Puckered Tongue and Yummy Spiced Pumpkin Seeds


For Family Home Evening we carved pumpkins.  Then the dogs ate the pumpkins.  I should have predicted this seeing as they (okay really just Fillmore) ate all the decorative gourds I purchased in my attempts to be festive.  Those poor Jack-o-lanterns never stood a chance.  I wish I had before pictures.  Dallin painstakingly  carved the word V-O-T-E in his.  
Jōb scraped a ghost into his without going all the way through the meat of the pumpkin.  Mason cried when he couldn't do the same technique.  I carved a girly pumpkin; eyelashes and puckered lips included.  The entire time I quizzed everyone on the parts of the pumpkin: stem, pulp, ribs, meat, and SEEDS!
Jōb and I almost broke up over pumpkin seeds.  The October after we met we were carving pumpkins at his sisters house and got in a huge pumpkin guts fight (pulp is the correct term- I taught the kindergarten pumpkin lesson).  Jōb says he found seeds in places there should no be seeds, but I digress. 
I eat pumpkin seeds all year.  My sister-in-law, Diana (same sister mentioned above), used to roast them for me.  She lives kind of far. I had to roast my own. Here is a great link if you want to try the same:
http://pinterest.com/pin/67413325642305243/
Warning:  eating too many on one sitting will pucker your tongue!

No comments: