Thursday, October 11, 2012

Project #9: We Went to Utah

My religion has been a hot topic lately. Between principals and politics I have struggled.  I wish I were tough skinned about people's comments but I am not.   With that being said we headed to Salt Lake City, the center of all Mormon-dom for the October session of General Conference.  Since Dallin was a little boy we have promised him that we would take him to his first priesthood session of conference.  Dallin turned 12 in June (that's how old you have to be to attend the manly meeting) so off we drove. Yup, drove.  My mom, Dallin, Mason, Jōb, and myself!We had a great time and were there for the announcement of the age change for missionaries (boys from 19 to 18 and girls from 21 to 19), ate at Chic-fil-A, saw family, bought new scriptures (the dog ate mine), ate at Cafe Rio, toured BYU (a little unimpressive as far as college campuses go), saw a lot of temples and talked to a lot of missionaries from the MTC (Missionary Training Center). I wish I had printed some great printable conference booklet from Pinterest for the boys but they are a little old.  What I do have is solely informative about General Conference statistics and a little about my church: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
http://pinterest.com/pin/137430226099090576/
http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/mormon-general-conference-april-2012

No comments: